This is an excellent, healthy and tasty dish, both for lunch at work and for dinner in the comfort of your home. They taste delicious served both hot and cold. Their preparation will not take you a lot of time.
Aneta Wojciechowska, the author of the recipe which won last year’s edition of the competition [taste for fit], about her dish: “Why is this dish FIT? Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3 and Omega-6. It goes well with spinach, which is full of potassium, iron and folic acid. These ingredients, wrapped in whole-grain pancakes, are a great alternative to processed tortillas. These wraps make a wholesome meal, full of fibre and important vitamins.”
We wrote about how to cook healthy in this article. And what is your favorite fit dish? Send us your recipe with a photo and explanation through the website www.smaknafit.pl (in Polish) or via Facebook profiles of our Polish hotels (i.e. andel’s Cracow or angelo Katowice) and win a 5-day stay in Berlin. We look forward to receiving your application until 9 October.
Whole-grain pancakes with salmon and spinach
(recipe for about 9 pancakes)
1 glass wholemeal flour
1/2 glass wheat flour
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 and 1/2 glass milk
1/2 glass water
1 package frozen spinach
3 cloves garlic
150 g cold smoked salmon (you can also use roasted or sliced)
pinch of nutmeg
1 flat teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon mayonnaise (or sour cream)
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
1. Mix all ingredients for the pancakes. Leave to stand for half an hour, covered.
2. Heat a frying pan and gently spread it with a brush dipped in oil (just before frying the first pancake). Pour portions of dough and fry on one side until edges are slightly browned, then turn the pancake over and fry until it is browned. Lay ready pancakes on a plate.
3. Place spinach in a saucepan over low heat and defrost. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and pressed garlic. Stirring occasionally, leave it on the heat until most of the water has evaporated.
4. Cut spinach into smaller pieces. Spread a spoon of spinach on pancakes, put a piece of salmon in the middle. Fold the two sides to the centre, then roll the pancake as a roulade. Wrap the remaining pancakes in the same way.
5. Prepare the sauce: combine in a dish the yogurt, mayonnaise/sour cream, pressed garlic, salt and pepper.
6. Serve pancakes with sauce.