Before becoming a company that created theme Parks, Disney was best known for its major family films. These films are now brought to life in the Parks, and Disneyland Paris is no exception.
Which films should you watch before going to Disneyland Paris (or just to keep the magic going once you get home)? A short overview of each Park and the films brought to life there.
1. The Reluctant Dragon: Comedian Robert Benchley visits the Walt Disney Studios to try to sell Walt the idea for an animated film: the story of the Reluctant Dragon.
Shop: Walt Disney Studios Store.
2. A Trip Through The Walt Disney Studios: After meeting Walt Disney in his office, we continue on our visit of the Disney studios and discover more about the different stages of animated film making, with input from several artists from the company behind Mickey Mouse…
Visit: Disney Studio 1.
3. Lilo & Stitch: At the other side of the galaxy, a mad scientist has created Stitch, an intelligent creature who destroys everything around him. When the creature escapes, he fails to Earth, landing on the archipelago of Hawaii. Rescued by Lilo, a little girl who looks after him, Stitch does everything he can to escape the forces that have been sent to find him…
Watch: Stitch Live!
4. Tower of Terror: Buzzy Crocker seems to have come across the story of the century when an old man tells him about a 60-year-old mystery that still hasn’t been solved. On Halloween night, five people on their way to a party disappeared in the lift of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. It is even rumoured that those unfortunate people have been aimlessly wandering the building ever since that night. His curiosity piqued, Buzzy and his niece immediately start to investigate in an attempt to find out what really happened…
Ride: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
More movies: Reign of Fire, Pearl Harbor.
5. Armageddon: There are 18 days left before the extinction of the human species! The clock is already ticking when Harry S. Stamper, the world’s leading oil drilling specialist, is contacted by NASA to mount an expedition to space. A huge asteroid is threatening to hit the Earth and only an implosion before impact would save humanity from the same sad fate as the dinosaurs.
Visit: Armageddon : Les Effets Spéciaux.
6. Iron Man: Tony Stark, genius inventor, arms dealer and billionaire playboy is kidnapped in Afghanistan. Forced by his captors to build a dangerous weapon, he secretly creates a revolutionary, high-tech suit of armour that he uses to escape. Grasping just how powerful this armour is, he decides to work on it more and uses it to uphold justice and protect the innocent.
Ride: Rock’n’Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith – this ride is going to be transformed into an Iron Man ride in 2020.
7. Ratatouille: Young Parisian rat, Rémy, has only one aim in life: to become a great French chef. How could he resist the call of the big kitchen, living in the sewers just below the incredibly popular restaurant of Auguste Gusteau, a star Parisian chef, famed around the world?
Ride: Ratatouille : L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy.
8. Toy Story: Woody, simply made with cloth and wood, is young Andy’s favourite toy. Yet his place as the number one toy in Andy’s life is put in doubt when he receives Buzz Lightyear, a state-of-the-art astronaut who quickly becomes his new favourite, so Woody quickly sets about trying to get rid of this unwanted newcomer…
Ride: Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop, Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin, RC Racer.
More movies: Finding Nemo, Cars, Monsters, Inc.
Vienna House hotels
9. The Three Musketeers: With his father’s blessing, young D’Artagnan goes to Paris to join the famous King’s Musketeers, but once in the capital, he learns that Cardinal Richelieu has just disbanded the famous guard. However three men, answering to the names of Athos, Porthos and Aramis have banded together against him, and D’Artagnan doesn’t hesitate to join them.
Stay: Vienna House Dream Castle Paris.
10. The Greatest Showman: In the 1870s, American entrepreneur P.T. Barnum grew his business by putting on freak shows and other circus performances. His story celebrates the birth of show business and the wonder of a dream coming true.
Stay: Vienna House Magic Circus Paris.
More movies: The Sword in the Stone, Dumbo.